Xbox Achievements Overhaul

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This weekend I was mobile, meaning I couldn't do much in the way of achievement farming. While away I decided to look at how I stored my achievement data. Currently I have a task that runs every 15 minutes (less if I'm streaming) pulling data from my XboxAPI account and storing it. At the time of creating this functionality the tables were adequate as I only saved achievements that I'd obtained. I now want the ability to embed achievements within these posts, so I had to expand the data storage and change the way that the obtained achievements show.

The overhaul wasn't difficult as most of the queries adapted themselves, but I did have to rewrite most of the main task. Upon finishing I then had to do a full scan of all games and achievements, this resulted in a few achievement times getting "fudged" (if an achievement is gained offline it doesn't have a valid date and time). I've made these achievements inherit the time that their game was last played. I know that this is not the right way to do this, but it doesn't happen that often.

The goal of all this is to provide more functionality to the banner at the top of the page. I'm currently trying to render it in real time with the Canvas element. Tie this in with polling update requests and I should be able to make it display data "live" or at least within 5 to 15 minutes. The banner is still a work in progress, with other statistics relevant to my next goal push to be added within the next week